My kids come through the door after school and immediately start looking for an after school snack. They start rummaging through the cabinets and refrigerator. They typically pick out junk food to snack on first. But, if I can offer them some type of healthy snack before they pick up the junk food, they will eat it.
This frozen fruit and yogurt bark is the perfect, healthy after school snack for hot days. It’s still pretty hot here when school starts, with temperatures in the 80s and even 90s some days. The kids love coming in after walking home to a cool treat.
The best part about this snack is that it feels like a special treat, but only takes a few minutes to make. You simply spread your child’s favorite type of yogurt on a baking sheet, then top with a little jam and cut fruit.
I used strawberries for my fruit bark because that is what I had in my refrigerator. But, you could choose to use any type of fruit that you have.
After School Snack – Frozen Berry Yogurt Bark
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons fruit jam
1 cup cut berries or fruit
- Line a small baking sheet (one that fits into your freezer) with wax paper or parchment paper
- Spread vanilla yogurt onto baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread out yogurt to desired thickness, around 1/2″ thick.
- Microwave jam for 10-20 seconds. Dollop jam on top of yogurt. Using a knife, swirl jam into yogurt.
- Sprinkle yogurt and jam mixture with berries.
- Place baking sheet into freezer. Freeze for several hours, until bark is hard. When ready to serve, break into pieces.