You know that movie Frosty the Snowman? When I was a kid, we watched it every year, along with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. It was a holiday tradition each year. But, we don’t really watch either of those movies now with our kids. You’ll never guess why…
Apparently, they freak my husband out. Haha .. no, really. He doesn’t like either of those movies. He says the Claymation in Rudolph is totally creepy and he thinks Frosty is a weirdo! Seriously. I guess they weren’t exactly childhood favorites of his.
Well, even though he’s not a fan of Frosty, it doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t enjoy watching him sometimes. And, it’s certainly not going to stop us from enjoying this adorable little Melting Snowman Marshmallows.
I first saw these Melting Snowman Marshmallow cuties on I am a Food Blog, and I knew I had to make them. The marshmallows she used were homemade. If you’ve never made you own marshmallows, you’ve got to try it. Hop over to her site and get the recipe – you won’t regret it!
I wanted a little quicker version, so I used store bought jumbo marshmallows. They were cute, fast, and oh so irresistible to the 4 little boys who happened to be playing at my house the day I was making them!
When you put them into your hot cocoa and that cute little face is looking up at you, you can’t help but smile. And, they get even more fun when they start to melt a little bit! They are the perfect treat to enjoy while watching Frosty the Snowman. Or maybe some other holiday movie, if you prefer!
Melting Snowman Marshmallows (adapted from I am a Food Blog)
Jumbo marshmallows (or homemade if you prefer)
Orange melting chocolate
Dark chocolate melting chocolate
- Cut Jumbo marshmallows in half with a knife. Dip the cut half into powdered sugar so they won’t stick to the other marshmallows. Place marshmallows, cut side down, on parchment paper.
- Melt chocolates in microwave in 30 second increments, until completely melted. Pour dark chocolate into a piping bag with a small round tip or a small hole cut in the bottom of the bag.
- Using a toothpick, drag orange chocolate to make little noses on each marshmallow half.
- Pipe two dots for the eyes and five dots to make the mouth.
- Let chocolate harden, then place in a Tupperware or other plastic container to store until ready to use.