I admit that I was a little intimidated about making homemade marshmallows. Several online posts stated that they were difficult and a sticky mess. But, I’m glad that I tried. They were certainly sticky, but they were much easier than expected. If you like the taste of fresh lime juice, you are going to love these.
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- yellow and green food coloring
Using a knife, run the knife around the edges of the dish. Turn the dish over and release the marshmallows from the dish onto wax paper, covered with confectioners sugar. Using a knife, covered with confectioners sugar, cut the marshmallows into 2 inch squares. Roll the cut marshmallows in the confectioners sugar, until all sides are covered.