I found this adorable Paper Hula Doll on Pinterest, this summer and knew it would be something my kids would love making. It’s a simple, inexpensive craft that would also work well for a kids’ Luau Party. To make this luau party craft, you need colorful cardstock, a few craft punches, a gluestick and some small fabric flowers.
1. Using a 2″ circle punch, punch one tan or peach circle for the body and one black circle for the hair. Cut black circle in half.
2. Using a 1 1/2″ circle punch, punch one tan or peach circle for the face and one black circle for the top of the hair.
3. Using a 3″ punch, punch one green circle for the grass skirt. Then, use the 2″ circle punch to punch off the top of the green circle. Using scissors, cut fringe into the grass skirt.
4. Using the 2″ punch, punch one colorful circle for the swim suit. I used paper from our Luau Party Collection. Using scissors, cut circle into a narrow oval.
5. Using a regular hole punch, cut 5 yellow circles.
6. Using a heart shaped punch, cut a tan or peach heart for the feet.
7. Glue half black circle to 1 1/2″ tan circle. Glue to 2″ black circle for head. Glue small fabric flower to head and top with one yellow circle in the center of the flower.
8. Glue oval swimsuit to 2″ tan circle for body. Glue green skirt to the top. Glue heart shaped feet to grass skirt.
9. Glue head to body. Glue three small fabric flowers to neckline and top with yellow small circles.