Have you tried the Skittles America mix? If not, what are you waiting for? They are berry flavored, but I’ve never tasted a real berry quite this sugary sweet!
My grocery store only sells the 41 ounce bag of them. That’s like the super size bag, more than 2 pounds of Skittles. I’m a little embarrassed to say that bag only lasted 24 hours at my house. Two pounds of Skittles in less than 24 hours. How did that happen? Apparently, I wasn’t the only one in the house that thought they were pretty yummy. There was a group of teens at my house – how about we just blame them for this?
Before the whole bag was polished off, I did get the chance to make these little Firecracker Sweet Treats for a 4th of July snack for our car ride to the beach this weekend! We won’t be home the week leading up to the Fourth, so I’m going to try to pack in a few Independence Day activities while we are gone. These fun Firecracker treats would also be perfect for a Fourth of July Party or just as a take along treat for watching the fireworks.
What You’ll Need:
Skittles America Mix
Circle Paper Cutter
Push Up Pop Containers
- Separate the Skittles by color. Layer the Skittles by color in the push up pop containers.
- Cut out one 6″ circle from cardstock. Cut the circle in half to make two half circles.
- Fold ends of half circles together to make a cone. Attach ends together with tape.
- Tape or hot glue cone onto the top of the push-up pop container.
- Tie ribbon on the end of the push up pop sticks.