This post is first DIY project from the Royal Wedding Party that I posted last week. Today, we will be discussing Tissue Pom Poms.
I purchased these tissue pom poms to hang in my daughter’s room a couple of years ago.
They came in two different kits by Lily Pulitzer and Martha Stewart. When I started planning my daughter’s 8th birthday party, I wanted teal pom poms to hang. Instead of ordering them, I purchased a couple of $1 tissue packages at Walmart and made my own. These simple and cheap pom poms make a big impact. Since her party, I have used tissue pom poms in some way for almost every party I have designed.
Here are the instructions:
1. You need about 10 pieces of tissue paper. Most packages of tissue paper come with about 10 sheets. I used 10 sheets for this pom pom, but if you want to make it fuller, you could use more.
2. Accordian fold the pieces of tissue together.
3. Using curling ribbon, tie the center of the tissue. Then, tie off a small loop to use for hanging the pom pom.
4. Using scissors, round off the edges of the tissue paper. (Or for a different look, you could make your ends pointy. For an example, see the hot pink pom pom in the first picture of this post).
5. Begin separating the sheets by pulling apart each individual piece of tissue.
6. That’s all there is to it!! Here’s the finished project:
And here’s what the pom poms looked liked hanging for the Royal Wedding party: