Do you fix the entire Thanksgiving meal? Or do you attend a potluck? Lucky for me, all of our Thanksgiving dinners are family meals, where everyone chips in with their favorite dishes. So, instead of cooking an entire Thanksgiving meal, I usually just make a couple dishes for both of the Thanksgiving meals we attend.
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without at least one Thanksgiving appetizer. One of my favorite appetizers is to create a big sweet and salty charcuterie board. This fun one includes lots of sweet and salty treats. And, it won’t last long at your Thanksgiving meal!
I have a few tips to help you make your own board.
- Select a large ceramic or wood try to serve as the base of your tray. Grab a couple small bows and serving items.
- Include lots of snack choices. The great thing about including lots of different types of snacks is that you can make multiple boards with all the ingredients. Or you can save the leftovers for your own snacking:) This Charcuterie Board includes:
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Maple Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Cakes
- Candy Corn
- White Chocolate Pretzels
- Blue Corn Chips
- Everything Pretzel Chips
- 3 Cheese Options
- Rice Crackers
- If you are including any spreads or dips in bowls, place those the tray, first.
- Next, place your cheeses on the tray, spread out in three different corners.
- Place carrots/vegetables and the salami or meats on the tray.
- Fill in the empty spots with crackers and chips. Group similar items together.
- Finally, add the small items, like candies and cookies in spots all over the tray. Make sure to spread out the items based on size and color. Don’t group all small similarly colored items together. You can see on my tray that I tried to spread out the small cake and candy pumpkins to add pops of orange throughout the tray.